Make Your Appointment
- Advanced appointments at 412 Holmes Hall
- Same-day and next-day appointments at 136 Snell Library
- Online appointments
Prepare for Your Appointment
Bring any materials you are using for your paper: your assignment sheet, any drafts you have completed, feedback from your instructor or peers, and/or readings you used to complete the assignment.
Prepare an “agenda” for your session. What questions do you want to ask your consultant? What issues do you plan to focus on?
Please arrive a few minutes before your appointment begins to ensure your consultation can start on time.
Writing Center Policies
1. You may sign up for two 45-minute appointments per week, but only one per day.
2. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, the Writing Center staff reserves the right to give your appointment to another student.
3. If you need to cancel your appointment, please cancel at least 12 hours in advance. Appointments that have not been cancelled at least twelve hours before the start of the appointment will be considered no shows. If you accumulate two no shows, you will be asked to stop using the Writing Center. (See our website for complete details.)